Policies and Procedures
1. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO ARRIVE IN PROPER DRESS CODE 1 HOUR BEFORE THE START TIME OF THE EVENT. Any volunteer who arrives late without the prior approval of the house management staff will not be allowed to usher.
2. All ushers must arrive by the listed call time for each event. Training is scheduled to begin promptly at the call time and any usher who is not in attendance for training will not be able to volunteer for the evening's event.
3. Ushers are to check their belongings with a box office personnel member.
4. House opens 30 minutes before the scheduled curtain time.
5. The House Doors will open only when the House Manager unlocks the doors. You are not to open the House Doors unless instructed by the House Manager.
6. As an usher you are expected to stay throughout the entire show to receive both ticket & credit.
7. All ushers are required to check the House before the doors open.
8. All ushers are to be standing just inside the main auditorium doors to assist patrons when leaving and returning to the auditorium during the performance, intermission and at the end of the performance.
9. The House Manager and/or Box Office Manager will dismiss you at the proper closing time.
10. If you and/or a patron are having any difficulties, please notify the House Manager and/or other box office personnel immediately.
11. Any unexcused absences from assigned shows may result in your name being removed from the usher list for the remainder of the semester. If we must remove your name during a second semester, you will not be allowed to volunteer with us for any further.
12. We have a zero tolerance policy with cell phones. Any usher who is using a cell phone after house open will be asked to leave and will forfeit all credit from that evening's event.