Kennesaw State University
Rising Star Award
The purpose of this new award is to recognize the significance and impact of a scholarly/creative product from a College of the Arts faculty member who is within their 3rd-6th years of teaching at KSU. The award amount will be $1,000. The committee reserves the right to divide the award between two equally deserving candidates.
Deadline for Submissions
All materials are to be received by March 9, 2018, at 5:00 pm.
Instructions for Submission
1. Eligibility Requirements
• Minimum 3 years on a tenure track at KSU.
• You can apply beginning your 4th year.
• Maximum 6 years at KSU.
• You can apply in your 6th year.
• Faculty members may win this award only once.
2. Application Requirements
• Must be self-nominated.
• A maximum 3-page narrative demonstrating the significance and impact of a single scholarly/creative product or a series of scholarly/creative products that occurred during the time of your employment at KSU.
• Curriculum vitae as evidentiary support.
3. Application Process
Please (fill out the form below and upload) your maximum 3-page narrative (12-point font and one-inch margins) and supporting curriculum vitae as a single pdf file.
The College of the Arts Faculty Awards Committee, which is comprised of faculty members from each of the units within the college will determine the winner.
The dean will announce the winner during the Opening of the College of the Arts event in August 2018.
Please fill out the form below and attach your submission for the Rising Star Award
Please Note: Deadline: All materials are to be received by March 9, 2018, at 5:00 pm.
Please Attach Your 3-page Narrative Nomination PDF File
Do Not Fill This Out